Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Manga Studio Inking Experiment

More gigantic hair for you.

I don't usually draw much in this style anymore, but I recently purchased Manga Studio since they were having a 90% off sale.  It's a lot of fun to play around with, and is great for inking.  The software is primarily designed for comic and manga artists, and there are tools for creating panels and inserting text easily.  But for any artist or illustrator who wants to do digital inking, I've found Manga Studio to be far easier for inking than Photoshop, and it delivers a very nice, crisp line.  The files can be exported as Photoshop files, so this image was inked in Manga Studio and colored in Photoshop.

Overall, I'm really happy with Manga Studio even though it may just be feeding my love of drawing hair.

No comments: