Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Random sketches - getting out of creative slumps

It's been so long since I posted, I figured I should put something up. I have been busy with a few different illustration projects and making more purses. Since everything is in progress right now, instead I thought I would post some random sketches.

Sometimes I get in a creative slump, and will look at a blank piece of paper and have absolutely no idea what to draw. I feel like I can't possibly do another drawing; I can't come up with one single thing to put on paper. I usually just start drawing the same thing over and over again in order to snap myself out of it. Usually I just draw pages and pages filled with heads.

These particular heads came out of a realization that I almost always draw girls. I felt like I should probably know how to draw guys, too:

Oftentimes they will all be looking a certain direction:






Sometimes I even branch out a tiny bit:


After about three pages of heads, I am usually ready to draw something else.

1 comment:

VishyFishy said...

your hand drawings look really well done, i usually have trouble getting it right but you did a good job.